Get to know Coresteel Buildings Northland Salesperson Joel Taylor, with 10 quick questions.
- How long have you worked for Coresteel?
- What do you enjoy most about sales?
I enjoy working out how people work and where they see value, which enables me to do the deals – the bigger the better!
- Before working for Coresteel what was the most unusual or interesting job you’ve had?
Fresh out of high school I worked throughout the Pacific Islands, putting together the supply contract for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Defence.
- What awards and accolades have you achieved?
I was presented Coresteel Salesperson of the year 2017, and Coresteel Northland also recently received awards for Highest Volume Sales, Highest Regional Growth and Runner-up for Franchise of the year.
- Where’s your favourite place to go on holiday in NZ?
Matapouri and Great Barrier Island.
- Where’s your hometown?
I was born in Palmerston North but grew up in Whangaparaoa.
- Of all the countries you’ve travelled to, which is your favourite?
Tough question! I probably have the best time in Musket Cove, Fiji where my best mate has a beach house, so we spend a lot of time up there fishing and painting the Island Bar with good yarns.
- What’s on your bucket list?
To catch a 1000lb Black Marlin out of Cairns.
- What’s one of your hidden talents?
It was the 40-yard dash. I’m now retired.
- Who’s your celebrity look alike?
I’ve been called a few names – Suge Knight, The One Man Gang, Zach Galifianakis and Big Shug.