Get to know Coresteel Buildings Manawatu owner/operator Geoff Spencer with 10 quick questions.
Contact Geoff for design and build projects in the Manawatu and Whanganui regions.
- How long have you worked for Coresteel?
- What do you enjoy most about sales?
Taking the initial enquiry which is usually a sketch on the back of an envelope, and seeing it come to fruition as a completed project.
- Before working for Coresteel what was the most unusual or interesting job you’ve had?
I started work as an apprentice carpenter and worked my way through the ranks so have been involved in the construction industry all my working life. I also pumped petrol and cleaned cars prior to the apprenticeship.
- What awards and accolades have you achieved?
Highest Regional Growth, Highest Value Kitset, and Marketing Excellence awards in 2015, and Runner Up Salesperson of the Year, 2016.
- What’s the best advice you’ve been given?
Don’t sweat the small stuff.
- Where’s your hometown?
Born in Dannevirke, but now Palmerston North.
- Where’s your favourite place to go on holiday in NZ?
Blue Lake/ Lake Tarawera
- What’s on your bucket list?
To run my own race team with the opportunity to bring in young talent.
- What’s one of your hidden talents?
Party shuffle dance move
- Who’s your celebrity look alike?
Actor Erik Thomson who plays Dave in Packed to the Rafters and George in 800 Words.